Our vision is that every child affected by life limiting conditions and their family are loved and supported
Butterfly Children’s Hospices was founded to support families of children with life-limiting conditions and life-threatening illnesses. Our mission is to care for children affected by life limiting conditions and support seriously ill children with life threatening conditions, and their families, by providing them with professional and holistic care, enabling them to cherish the beautiful moments. Our wish is to keep families and children together wherever possible, supporting caregivers of children who are medically fragile to access and provide the best palliative care available.
We have become a beacon for children’s palliative care services in China, advocating, inspiring and training excellence in holistic palliative care. Since 2006, we have provided loving care and treatment for sick and abandoned babies and children at our hospice in Changsha. We are now working in partnership with government, hospitals, social welfare institutions and professional associations, to develop and support holistic models of children’s palliative care across China.
We believe that:
- Every child’s life is valuable, and should be valued, no matter how short
- The voice of the child and their family underpins every action we take
- Dignity in death should be afforded to every child
- Every child should be given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in life
- Every opportunity should be taken to educate and support families enabling them to make informed choices for their child